Re-opening Safety Guidelines
As we begin to prepare our clinic to re-open, your health, and the health of our staff are our priority. We want to be sure the approach we are taking to reopen our office is thoughtful, and that we are creating an environment that's safe for everyone. In order to protect our patients and staff, we are observing specific protocols to minimize the chance of exposure. We have made significant changes in our operations to follow all CDC guidelines for disinfecting and social distancing. This form outlines our guidelines and our request to observe them.
SUSPENSION OF WALK IN HOURS
Unfortunately, to ensure that there are no patients in the waiting room, we are suspending any walk-in hours for the time being. All patients are required to make appointments for in office or curbside help.
We are offering four options to assist you.
1. Curbside Service:
for all cleaning and adjustment appointments and supply pick ups (such as batteries and filters and repaired hearing aids). Also for anyone with a non-functioning hearing aid for us to diagnose. We have designated parking spots for this appointment. Please call the office when you arrive, and we will come to your vehicle.
2. Personal appointments inside the office for hearing evaluations, fittings and adjustments.
Prior to your appointment:
You will be asked the following questions. If you answer "yes" to any of the following, you will be asked to postpone your appointment for another two weeks.
- Do you have a history of any recent travel outside of Michigan within the last 14 days?
- Have you had a fever or symptoms of lower respiratory illness, such as cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you had close contact with any person who has been confirmed as contacting Covid-19?
- Have you had close contact with any healthcare worker whose primary purpose recently has been working directly with people who have contacted Covid-19?
At your appointment:
- Whether you come by yourself or are dropped off, when you arrive, remain in your car and call the office to notify us of your arrival.
- We will be taking temperature. Anyone with a temperature of greater than 100.6 F will be asked to reschedule. Our staff will also be taking temperature three times a day.
- If you have paperwork to fill out, we will bring it to you to fill out in your vehicle.
- When paperwork is completed, your provider will take you directly to your appointment room.
- Our staff will wear gloves, masks, and face shields for Lyric or cerumen removal procedures.
- Masks are required for anyone entering the building
After your appointment:
- Our staff will sterilize all surfaces you were in contact with. We are allotting extra time in between appointments to ensure every surface is sanitized. We want to assure you that this has been done for any patient seen prior to your arrival.
3. Supplies shipped to your home: for a postage fee. Let us know what you need, we will ship to you for the cost of postage.
4. Telehealth appointments if possible. We have the capability of making changes to your hearing aids remotely depending on the technology in your instruments. We will let you know if your hearing aids are capable of this option.
We see all of the protocols as temporary, for the protection of you, our staff and all of our patients. We fully expect to get back to our real lives before too long! We appreciate your patience and understanding.